Garigal Gorillas Mountain Bike Club
The club was formed in 2017 to support the ever growing mountain bike community around the Northern Beaches. The main goal of the club is to help develop and maintain sustainable mountain biking trails and bring together the large mountain bike community.
We aim to establish relationships and work closely with Council, National Parks, Landowners and other local users for the future of mountain biking in the area.
THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED - INDIVIDUALS, SPONSORS AND THE COMMUNITY BEHIND US.
Become a Garigal Gorillas Member
To become a member you need to sign up on the AusCycling Website.
For the low down on memberships and member benefits - see the Membership page.
Note: If you are already an MTBA/AusCycling Member but would like dual membership with the GG club - go to the membership page for more info or direct link here to sign up right away.
Benefits of Garigal Gorilla Membership
Community events like social rides, BBQ's and weekends away
Advocating mountain biking and increasing awareness of it's benefits and the significant user group
Member discounts with local businesses
Personal Accident Insurance - non-Medicare expenses as well as income protection.
More information on MEMBER BENEFITS click here.
More about the Garigal Gorilla Community
- We recognise the traditional owners of the land the Garigal People and have the utmost respect of their cultural sites.
- Protect and conserve the existing bushland we have.
- Gravity oriented Mountain bike club - whilst we don’t mind a pedal to get to the top, going down is what it’s all about.
- Aim to be official maintainers of trails.
- Aim to get existing Garigal trail network formalised.
- Family friendly club that supports local community and businesses.
- Hold events, such as the Garigal Gorilla ride, Mt Narra Fest, Midweek FIV'R social rides.
A way to get the young generation into bikes. Getting kids off their iPads and enjoying nature. Building friendship networks and challenging each other to achieve more on and off the bike.
Preserving nature, enjoying nature and ensuring sustainable practices is key to the GG group. It is our aim to work along side local council, other community groups and National Parks to ensure sustainable trails and to support the need for mountain biking in the area.
Regular ladies rides are a lot of fun.
Regular Social Rides
We love riding and it's always more fun with friends. Regular social rides and events are the heart of the club.